Employee Training Specialist What They Do
Just the Facts
Coordinates and conducts training programs to train new and existing employees how to perform required work, improve work methods, or comply with policies, procedures, and regulations.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Administrative and Information Support pathway.
A person in this career:
- Coordinates recruitment and placement of participants in training.
- Evaluates training materials, such as outlines, texts, and handouts prepared by instructors.
- Assesses training needs through surveys and interviews.
- Reads current publications in area of expertise.
- Uses a variety of instructional techniques, including role playing, team exercises, group discussions and videos.
- Schedules classes.
- Organizes and develops training procedure manuals and guides.
- Offers specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Keeps records and writes reports on training activities and program effectiveness.
- Attends seminars to get information for use in training programs.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
People who do this job report that:
- You would sit most of the time. There's some walking and standing. You may have to lift and carry things like books, papers or tools weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work in this occupation requires being inside most of the time
- Sound and noise levels are loud and distracting
- Work in this occupation involves making repetitive motions more than one-third of the time
- Work in this occupation involves standing more than one-third of the time
Working in this career involves (physical activities):
- Seeing clearly at a distance
- Seeing clearly up close
- Speaking clearly enough to be able to be understood by others
- Identifying and understanding the speech of another person
Work Hours and Travel
- Regular working hours and limited travel
Specialty and Similar Careers
Careers that are more detailed or close to this career:
- Applications Trainer -- Designs and improves software applications training programs and delivers training to end users about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively.
- Course Developer -- Generates design and develops educational materials for training courses.
- Job Development Specialist -- Promotes and develops employment and on-the-job training opportunities for applicants.
- Skill Training Program Coordinator -- Plans and arranges for cooperation with and participation in skill training program by private industry, agencies, and concerned individuals.
- Computer Training Specialist --
- Distance Learning Program Coordinator --
- Learning and Development Manager --
- Older Worker Specialist --
- Training Coordinator --